Thursday 2 September 2010

Rock on Rowarth!

Fab ride out with riders from the NW ladies group last night. Just the four of us out to enjoy one of the nicest, summeriest evenings we've had for some time. We did the "usual" Rowarth route but started from Birch Vale, ascending via the PBW, which meant tackling the "39 steps" in the couple of miles rather than towards the end. As it turned out, this was a very sensible approach. For the first time I cleared the "crux move" - yay! - then... well, let's just say that in my excitement I forgot to look where I was going, and so ended my faultless descent. From then on it was climbing all the way: climbing, climbing, climbing. I made it through the small ford (by the trail connecting to Smithy Lane), and over the step on the way down the PBW from Picking Rods (no idea why, but I stopped and look at it last time, and it's not even very high!) Then, no issues going across Matley Moor, and a confident descent to the car, culminating in a pinch flat! All in all, a great ride, perfect weather, and lovely company. All is well with the world.

The route is here: http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=174404

No comments:

Post a Comment

To do list of rides

5 Dales
Cut Gate 02/07/11
Lee Quarry
Long Mynd
Coed-y-Brenin
Marin Trail (all of it)
Penmachno (all of it -- there's a pattern forming)
Gisburn 25/04/11